We know debtor behaviour and contract law inside out and use our understanding to secure the best possible return for you in the shortest time achievable.
If you need business analysis
Business investigation and analysis
Check the financial stability of a potential customer or client, or review an existing one:
- Comprehensive company searches
- Company and private investigations
- Account analysis and forensic investigations
If you are owed money
Do you have multiple late payments to collect each month?
Outsourced debt collection tailored to your needs. You can count on the following…
- Your brand values and culture upheld
- Commercially and legally astute tactics
- Secure data transfer and real‐time reporting
- Same day transfers of received payments
Do you have a specific non-payment that’s giving you concern?
Get a swift resolution to a debt that’s disrupting your business…
- The threat of legal action helps maximise recovery chances
- Option to apply the full force of the law when appropriate
- Contract and insolvency law experts at your disposal
- Analysis available for crucial debtor account insights
Do you need help with your credit services?
Credit control that:
- Reduces costs
- Saves you time
- Improves cash flow
Process serving that:
- Is cost effective
- Provides nationwide coverage
- Complies with the relevant legislation
If you owe money
What action will be taken?
Our clients expect to be paid.
We are focused on maximising our client’s recovery. If you fail to make payment or reach agreement with us, we will take legal steps to recover the debt until such time as payment has been made. Such steps may including the issue of proceedings in the county court or insolvency proceedings. Learn about the legal procedures we offer our clients.
Is the debt disputed?
In the event you dispute the debt we will require full details of the dispute, which we may ask you to confirm in writing. It is important that you discuss this with us before any deadlines given expire, as failure to do so will result in further action being taken to recover the debt.
Would you like to discuss your debt?
How do I make a payment?
Payment can be made in the following ways:
- By cheque: payable to Portland Legal Debt Collection Limited and sent to our offices at Debtcol, 1580 Parkway, Solent Business Park, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 7AG. Please quote our reference on the reverse of your cheque.
- Directly to our bank: Royal Bank of Scotland; sort code: 16-00-15; Account number: 23248207. Please quote our reference on your payment request.
- Alternatively, please call 01489 550 496 to discuss other payment options including debit and credit card payments.
I cannot recommend Debtcol highly enough – over the past 7 years they have provided us with a thoroughly professional service and have been instrumental in reducing our bad debt to all-time low levels. Paul and the Debtcol team have taken the trouble to understand our business and have adapted to our slightly more considered approach to our customers, especially those in genuine distress.Mike Mann, Finance Director, Williams Trade Supplies Ltd (NMBS Member)
Thank you for all the work you`ve done for me, you guys have been the best collection service I have ever used over the past 35 years and I wouldn`t hesitate to recommend you to any other business.Paint & Decorating Wholesaler,
I have been using Debtcol for many years. I would not even dream of asking a solicitor to chase a debt now. They are excellent.Chartered Accountant,
Paul at Debtcol was exceptional. We were owed money from a client who refused to pay and Debtcol took care of the whole process to get our monies and compensation back. A slick service from start to finish.Rayner Personnel,
We had complete trust in Debtcol, who used their legal knowledge, experience and expertise to chase our troublesome accounts.Pentalver Transport Ltd,